Editor’s Note: Events below were still planned at time of publication. Please check with the organizer to confirm.
ACEC Indiana – Diversity Business and Majority Firms Networking Fair
- November 9, 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Ivy Tech Culinary and Conference Center, 2820 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis
- Join ACEC Indiana for a casual networking event featuring 25-plus XBE firms offering a variety of services in the engineering community.
ACEC Indiana – INDOT Insight Webinar
- November 10, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Via Zoom
- Indianapolis Department of Transportation (INDOT) committee chairs will share the committee overview from 2022 including big issues, trends, and areas for future action and an update of the current status and top issues facing the consulting engineering community. INDOT subcommittee chairs will also report on their scope of work.
BOMA Indiana – Commercial Real Estate Legislation & Reception
- November 10, 3:30 – 5:30 PM
- Broadmoor Country Club, 2155 Kessler Boulevard, Indianapolis 46228
- BOMA Indiana is partnering with ICBR/CREA for this two-hour session to provide insight into legislative matters that impact commercial real estate in Indiana and nationally. CE and a reception are provided.
Indiana Subcontractors Association – Thirst for Knowledge: Supply Chain Solutions
- November 10, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hotel Tango, 702 Virginia Avenue, Indianapolis 46203
- The past year has been rough on the construction industry due to the supply shortage and long wait times on delivers. The Indiana Subcontractors Association (ISA) is dedicated to providing you with guidance to get back on track! Come join us on November 19th at Hotel Tango Indianapolis for another educational event that is part of the thirst for knowledge series. Brad Hitzfield from the Hitzfield Group and Al Wurster from Wurster Construction will dive into the tough topic of supply chain and providing relief to these troubling issues.
Indiana Construction Roundtable – Capital Projects: The Value of an Integrated (Lean) Approach
- November 10, 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Indiana Landmarks, 1201 Central Avenue, Indianapolis 46202
- Lean is not a tool; it is a system approach to identifying the activities that add value to a process or a product and eliminate waste. Lean began in manufacturing in the late 1940s at Toyota but did not enter mainstream vocabulary until the 1990s. Since then, the methodology has evolved, becoming a way we can approach improving processes in business operations, design, and construction. Using a Lean approach successfully is not possible without integration, transparency, and collaboration. Please participate in this unique Indiana Construction Roundtable event where we will take a hands-on approach by reviewing Lean principles, learning in a true, round-table fashion, and discussing how the Lean approach is currently impacting projects in Indiana.
BOMA Indiana – Sixth Annual Membership Mixer
- November 17, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Ruth’s Chris, 2727 East 86th Street, Indianapolis 46240
- Grab someone you think would be a great addition to BOMA Indiana and join us in this relaxed and casual event at Ruth's Chris at Iron Works. Plenty of drinks and appetizers will be served. Our photographer, Mike Washington will be on hand to update your headshot. This members-only event is FREE. Guests may attend with a current member. All members will receive one raffle entry for prizes. Earn extra entries for items you donate to Outreach.
SMPS Indiana – Holiday Party
- December 1, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- The District Tap Northside Game Room, 3720 East 82nd Street, Indianapolis 46240
Safety Resources – Rigging & Signalperson Course
- December 14, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location TBD
- Safety Resources, Inc. is offering a one-day course to train “experienced riggers” in rigging and signaling. This class is designed to provide a more detailed knowledge base for those employees who have some basic experience with rigging and signaling operations but require a more detailed course to be considered qualified. It will also start to prepare the attendees to pass an accredited certification test if he or she chooses to do so.
ISA – 2022 Annual Membership Reception
- December 14, 3 p.m.
- Bottleworks, 900 North College Avenue, Indianapolis 46202
- ISA looks forward to having you join us at the 2022 ISA Annual Member Reception at Bottleworks to wrap up 2022! Anyone from an ISA member company is welcome to attend a special presentation on achievements from 2022. The ISA annual business meeting will also take place and will wrap up with networking with friends and colleagues.